Free School Meals
Our school will receive £1,900 per pupil for each child who is registered as eligible for Free School Meals. If your child is eligible – register now to ensure your child’s entitlement! Even if you choose not to use the free school dinner service, your child can still benefit from resources and extra support to help with reading, writing and maths. From when registered eligible to when your child leaves school, this amount and more will continue to be put into the school budget to support your child.
In January 2012, 19.2% of all primary school pupils were known to be eligible for free school meals. However, at LJG Primary School, only 1% of pupils are known to be eligible for free school meals.
Do I qualify to claim free school meals?
Families of children and young people in full-time education at any school maintained by Leicestershire County Council or any child attending an academy, may be entitled to claim free school meals, providing they receive a qualifying benefit
If you get any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals.
Temporary qualification for free school meals
Where a parent has been entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, they will be eligible to claim free school meals over that period.
How do I apply? It is simple ! Follow one of the routes below !
- Download the application form by clicking here and return it to the academy office or post to The Free School Meals postal address below
- E-mail on email@example.com
- Apply via telephone on 0116 305 500
The Free School Meals postal address is:
School Catering Service
Tel: 0116 305 6588
Please help our school to access the money available to support your child’s education by applying NOW!
Michael FitzGerald, Headteacher